Pic : Mr. Vishal Dutta, Founder at Godot Media
1. Tell us about yourself/founder(s) of your company? What are your company roots? Who initially funded it? Was there any angel funding /PE/VC funding involved?
Godot Media is a Bangalore based company in the digital media space, started by Vishal Dutta, an IITD and IIML alumnus. There was no external funding involved.
2. How, when and why did you get started (what or when was ‘Eureka’ moment’)
Godot Media was started in late 2008 to fulfill the need for a professional and cost effective content solution for online businesses. We wanted to capitalize on the rapid content growth that’s taking place online.
3. At what stage your company is in currently? ( for e.g. Pre-Seed>Early Seed Stage>Mid-Seed Stage>Later Seed Stage>Early Stage )
4. In 25 words or less, what are you all about? What problem do you solve and for whom?
We help businesses establish a strong presence online and on mobile, by providing them professional content for their marketing and product development initiatives.
5. What is call to action for following segments?
a. Target Market Segment ( for e.g. buy my widget at discounted price , join facebook page, register at the portal, provide feedback etc.)
Choose our service to see your online and mobile business grow exponentially.
b. Prospective Investors / VCs / Angels ( for e.g. please fund us we are willing to give 20% equity etc.)
Please get in touch with us to discuss investment opportunities.
c. Prospective Partners ( Become our Partner Channel and we give fantastic gifts to you)
If you work in the online or mobile space, there is a pretty good chance there will be some synergy between our services and yours’. Just get in touch with us to explore partnership options.
6. What makes your company special? How is your product differentiated in the eyes of the consumer?
a) We are positioned at the top of the quality pyramid of the industry. b) We are present in all major segments of digital content development (ebooks, social media, copywriting, mobile apps etc.), so we our your one-stop shop. c) We are cost-effective.
7. How do you make money? Who are your primary customers and why do they choose you?
By selling or licensing content.Primary customers are businesses based in the US, UK, Australia, looking to establish or strengthen their online/mobile presence.
8. What are your marketing channels? How do you use social media for marketing? What are the platforms you primarily use for marketing? Have you outsourced your social media marketing or plans for future?
We use all major online channels for marketing.
9. How big is your Business Development team? What is the current mix - purely technical vs MBAs? What are you plans for ramping up Business Development Team?
Our BD team consists mostly of business graduates. We are constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our company.
10.What are your dreams for your company?
Become the leader of our industry.
11.What trends do you see heading into 2012 and beyond that are relevant to your industry and company?
Mobile becoming much more important. Need for content services to grow rapidly in the Indian market.
12.What are the biggest challenges you are facing in scaling your business up?
Hiring and skill development are two key factors that determine our scalability.
13.What’s the #1 to # 3 thing on your To-Do list?
#1 Boost hiring initiatives
#2 Fine tune sales channels
#3 Use more automation to manage business processes
14.This one is all you… Anything else you want to tell IIMnet community members?
We are a young and dynamic company with a great culture. Godot Media is an excellent place to work and to put your career on fast track.
We are actively seeking partners and investors. You can find more information about us at http://www.godotmedia.com/
If you want to reach Mr. Vishal Dutta, please click here