Job Description :
- AgroStar is a two year old start up in the agri tech space developing a "direct-to-farmer" m-commerce platform. Think about an Amazon for farmers! The company has generated strong traction on its platform and is well funded by prominent VC’s like IDG Venture Partners and Aavishkaar Ventures.
- This is an opportunity to be part of initial tech team that will architect and execute a roadmap for use of technology by Indian farmers through their smartphones. AgroStar aspires to disrupt the traditional norms of rural agri business and build a solid tech platform where farms can have access to relevant agri information on their phones and great quality agri products at their doorsteps
- AgroStar is a “direct to farmer” mobile commerce platform where farmers can procure an entire range of agri inputs by simply giving a missed call on the company 1800 number.
- The Pune based company is founded by Sitanshu Sheth & Shardul Sheth having diverse backgrounds in retail and consulting
- The company has received investment of $5M from investors like IDG Ventures and Aavishkaar
- The company also counts Snapdeal’s Kunal Behl and Rohit Bansal as it early angel investors and mentors
- AgroStar has current operations in Gujarat and Maharashtra and with the funding the company plans to expand operations in 3-4 additional states and strengthen its tech and leadership teams.
- Assurance of good quality products, fair pricing, product availability and laser focus on customer service ensures that the farmers get hooked on to the AgroStar platform. AgroStar is a channel partner with multiple leading national and multinational brands that are available through its platform.
- As the penetration of smart phones is happening at a very rapid rate in rural India the promoters believe that it’s not long before farmers are comfortable in shopping for their entire farm needs through AgroStar’s mobile app.
Job Requirements :
- The ideal candidate will be a star performer in developing Android apps, responsive web interfaces. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is supercritical.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science from Top Tier institutes such as IITs, NITs, BITS, etc.
- 5+ years of product Development experience
- Prior hands-on experience in building Android apps / responsive web interfaces for consumers
- Strong development experience on the following technologies is required: -
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS is required (S3, CDN) is required.
- Android Development
- HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery and front end frameworks such as Angular.js, ember.js, NodeJSetc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Responsibilities :
- Assisting directly and indirectly in building a high performing tech team
- Help in developing a high quality user experience
Interested Candidates can forward their CVs to Sadiq siddiqui(firstname.lastname@example.org)